Dr. is a licensed psychologist in Los Angeles, California, practicing both clinical and forensic psychology., Ph.D.,
Since 1971, long before the crime victimization field as a whole focused attention on the needs of persons with disabilities, she has specialized in working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
With an expertise in serving crime victims with disabilities and people charged with victimless sex crimes, she has successfully rallied victim/witness organization leaders, crime victims’ rights advocates, social service professionals, forensic psychologists, law enforcement, attorneys, members of the judiciary, and others to take up the cause of ensuring that the needs of society’s most vulnerable are not overlooked or otherwise forgotten.
In 1986, as a proactive way both to bring together the growing number of those dedicated to this work and promoting greater cross- disciplinary dialog, she began convening national conferences on abuse of individuals with disabilities, hosting the 10th in 2005 with The Arc of Riverside County, and the First Online Professional Conference of its kind that same year.
In 2008, the Attorney General of the United States (see photo above) presented her with the National Crime Victims Service Award in recognition of her pioneering efforts on behalf of persons with disabilities and in advancement of the mission of the Office for Victims of Crime of the U.S. Department of Justice.
EDUCATION: Ph.D., Psychology, 1985 – Sierra University, Santa Monica, CA
M.A., Educational Psychology, 1979, CSUN
B.S., Sociology, 1967, CSUN
LICENSES: Clinical Psychologist, Lic. PSY 11675 (issued 8/88)
Marriage, Child, Family Counselor, Lic. ML19380 (issued 8/84)
CERTIFICATIONS: Sex Therapist, ABS* 1989-present
Clinical Hypnotherapy, AIH,** 1990
Academy of Traumatology: Field Traumatologist #5241 (4/06)
Academy of Traumatology: Compassion Fatigue Educator #15114
– Trauma or abuse related issues (by history or current) (Victim Assistance)
– Depression and anxiety
– Children and adults with disabilities (Vendor to Regional Centers for Developmental Disability)
– Couple counseling, family and adult counseling; Gerontology
– Expert witness consultation regarding abuse and individuals with disabilities.
– Media work and consultation (TV, radio, film; casting; script & character consultation)
– Technical writing: Guidebooks, journal articles, commissioned articles both professional & popular
Certificates and Awards
Letters of Appreciation